I need to clean out my tabs LIKE WHOA. So here goes:
- Want to own an original Brett Helquist? Adam Rex? Lane Smith? MO WILLEMS? Click on through. And feel free to buy the DiTerlizzi for me. (via Fuse)
- "Clean" YA Reads Pinterest board curated by Stacy Whitman.
- Two last pieces by Ray Bradbury will be out this fall: the intro to the newest installment of The Best American Nonrequired Reading, and a Christmas story in Strand Magazine. (Which I totally now want a subscription to.)
- Another piece of Twilight fanfiction is headed to bookstores: this one is set in an office! (Maybe Ricky Gervais could play Edward in the movie version?)
- Speaking of, Mette Ivie Harrison and Shannon Hale have both written blog posts called In Defense of Twilight. From Hale's piece: "But this is one woman who makes her own choice. Feminism advocates for women to have the opportunity to make choices and live their lives according to their best desires and full potential, not hindered by their gender. If feminism has changed and only advocates for women's right to make choices that always agree with me/you/the group/some ideology, then feminism won't work anymore."
- The essay YA Fiction and the End of Boys has, predictably, generated much comment, both in the comments section at the LARB and around the interwebs.
- David Levithan is featured in this year's Out100! Woo!
- Entertaining Twitter hashtags: #MoreCynicalKidsBooks and #authorsexmoves.