Too many tabs!
- Infographic: Librarians in the Digital Age.
- At NPR: Preparing a fest fit for a Hobbit.
- At mental_floss: 15 Delightful Cat Breeds’ Origins. ZOMG TEH CUTE I'M DYINNGGGGGGGGGGGG. (Lemon is peeved that the Lynx Point didn't make the list, though.)
- At the B&N Blog: 9 Signs You Might Be Living in a YA Novel. This is geared mainly towards paranormals. And it is mostly dumb. But it is a tab I need to close, so I'm sharing the link.
- At the Guardian: Jane Austen portrait sells for £164,500 at Sotheby's.
- At YA Highway: YA 2013: A Cover Story.
- At Heavy Medal: It's an Honor. "I have never looked at a contender and thought “I’d be happy to see it win an honor, but not a Medal.” In my mind, a contender is either worthy of a Newbery–gold or silver–or it isn’t… and that gold/silver distinction has to do with how consensual that determination is (imagining the 15 committee members as representative of the critical body for children’s literature…a different post, perhaps). The more consensus, the more “truly” distinguished."
- At Library Journal: Best Books 2013: YA Lit for Adults.